This rare and now very sought-after champagne was inherited from our ancestors. We make our traditional Cuvées from a single grape variety to preserve the uniqueness and character of each of our wines and terroirs.
- 100% Pinot Noir : wine with red fruit aromas and a marked structure that gives body and power to the champagne.
- Geographical location of the vineyard : Marne Valley – Montagne de Reims.
- Blend of 2 years
- Maturation on lees for approximately 3/4 years
- Dosage approximately 9g / l
- No malolactic fermentation
- Alcohol by volume: approximately 12%
- Containers: Bottle (75cl)
Keep your bottles lying flat in a dark place.
Our bottles are aged in the cellar and ready to drink.
Serve chilled between 7°C and 9°C
Cuvée Sélection delivers an aromatic explosion in the mouth, while maintaining a freshness that gives it palatability and, for the taster, a real communicative festive spirit.champagne casters
Vineyard and wine-making process :
Harvest : 100% manual
Production : approximately 300,000 bottles
Vine density : approximately 8,000 vines / ha
Yield : between 10,000 kg / ha and 13,000 kg / ha depending on quotas
Wine-growing characteristic : supervised control
Presses : 2 Bucher 4,000kg (pneumatic presses)
Vinification : in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks, chaptalization, natural yeasts
Fermentation time : approximately 30 days
Fermentation temperature : 20/22°C
No malolactic fermentation
Cuvée Sélection tasting notes :
To the eye
The champagne has a golden yellow colour with deep straw yellow glints. Relatively fluid and satiny in appearance, it is filled with delicate, light bubbles that create a delicate bead.
To the nose
The first nose opens finely on notes of candied apricot, Tatin apple, milk caramel and violet. When aired, it develops a scent of lychee, roasted pineapple, candied orange zest, rhubarb, with the addition of marmalade and damson plum.
On the palate
The first impression is supple and fresh with a smooth, velvety effervescence. The chalky mineral note associated with the fruity and brioche flavour reinforces the patina of the mid-palate. The limestone minerality combined with the bold, fruity, brioche-like finish reinforces the patina of the mid-palate. Balance is maintained by a tonic acidity that leads to an aftertaste of tropical fruits, pineapple, mango and passion fruit.
Our suggestions for pairings :
- Aperitif, gougères made with comté cheese and orange
- Foie gras terrine with mango and pineapple chutney
- Scallop and Mango Carpaccio
- Turbot with cream sauce and roasted pineapple strips
- Maroilles cheese tart
- Roast veal Orloff
- Crème brulée of foie gras with figs
- Goat cheese with ash and papaya
- Langres cheese
- Mango tart tatin
- Mango, pineapple and passion fruit sabayon
- Pineapple melba…