- 70% Chardonnay , 15% Pinot Meunier and 15% Pinot Noir
- Geographical location of the vineyard : Marne Valley, Côte des Blancs , Montagne de Reims .
- Blend of 3 years
- Bottled using a cork and staple.
- Maturation on lees for approximately 13 years
- Dosage : not dosed (< to 3g/l)
- Pas de fermentation malolactique .
- No malolactic fermentation
- Alcohol by volume: approximately 12%
- Containers : Bottle (75cl) .
Keep your bottles lying flat in a dark place.
Our bottles are aged in the cellar and ready to drink.
Serve chilled between 7°C and 9°C
This mature cuvée, distinctive for its aromatic generosity, is an immediate pleasure to taste and share.
Vineyard and wine-making process :
Harvest : 100% manual
Production : approximately 300,000 bottles
Vine density : approximately 8,000 vines / ha
Yield : between 10,000 kg / ha and 13,000 kg / ha depending on quotas
Wine-growing characteristic : supervised control
Presses : 2 Bucher 4,000kg (pneumatic presses)
Wine-making process : in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks, chaptalization, natural yeasts
Fermentation time : approximately 30 days
Fermentation temperature : 20/22°C
No malolactic fermentation
Cuvée JL tasting notes :
To the eye
The champagne has a deep pale yellow golden colour, with brilliant golden yellow glints that give depth to the flute. Fluid in appearance, it is filled with delicate, light bubbles that create a delicate bead.
To the nose
The first nose reveals yellow flowers, honey, hot butter, mocha, Tatin apple, candied peach, orange and frangipane almond. Aeration of the wine gives it more light hints of mint and white pepper, sweet spices, candied mango and tangerine. A thorough aeration reveals the richness of the wine with aromas of candied citrus zest, sweet almond, roasted pineapple abd apple brandy.
On the palate
The first impression is supple and fresh with a smooth, velvety effervescence. The wine develops on the palate with a burst of tropical fruit reminiscent of yellow peach, tangerine and sweet almond, with a sweet and integrated acid structure. The velvety and delicate finish echoes aromas of dried fruit, tangerine, iodine and orange, with a long tactile resonance, both fresh and delicious on the palate.
Our suggestions for pairings :
- Smoked salmon, mild guacamole and pink grapefruit segments
- Pan-fried scallops and tropical sauce (orange juice, olive oil, shallot, passion fruit)
- Turbot fillet and reduction of clementine juice
- Veal liver
- Wrapped foie gras with mango and pineapple chutney
- Roast veal Orloff
- Veal navarin with peach
- Peach financier
- Roasted pineapple
- Candied apricot crunch